Friday, July 1, 2011

White with Black Stripes or Black with White Stripes?

Have you ever noticed that there are times that you are so familiar with something you cease to really "see" it? You don't notice the little differences or even the big, obvious ones. Take zebras as an example. Are they white with black stripes? Or are they black with white stripes? Or is it something all together different? I get so used to seeing things a certain way, that I miss out on so much more!

This may be a real stretch of my imagination, but, this morning I was reading and praying from the book Praying the Attributes of God by Rosemary Jensen. I was reading about the graciousness of God. One of the Scriptures was from 2Chronicles 15:2: "The LORD is with you when you are with Him.If you seek Him, He will be found by you, but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you." I've read that how many times in my life. No big "aha" moment ever happened. Not even today. But, then, a page and a half later, I read, "Thank You that when I want to be with You, You want to be with me. When I go looking for You, You will let me find You; but when I reject You, You won't force Your way on me."(based on 2Chronicles 15:2) And, the thought came to me..."Boy, is this self serving or what?" "It's all about what I want, not about what God wants." Who is the servant & who is the master here?

And I prayed, "LORD, forgive me for my selfishness. Forgive me for making it all about me and not so much about You. I invite You, I beg You, to come into my life a bit closer, a bit deeper than ever before. I want all of You in all of me. Forgive me for the times when I didn't want to be found by You, when I hid or turned my back on You. I want to live for You and in You today and always! In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen." Italic

No comments:

Post a Comment