Saturday, July 9, 2011

He Will Suply All You Need Just in Time



Waiting is never easy. I know. That is all I did yesterday, or so it seems! I had a dentist appointment at 10 AM. The driver was to pick me up at 9 AM. He arrived at 11. Yes, I called him. It didn't help. When we got to the dentist, I had to wait an hour before they could take me. I was so grateful that I could be seen! After that, I went to Methodist Headquarters to inquire about my passport. (I have been waiting "patiently" to hear that my resident visa has arrived.) The person who I would accompany suggested we wait before we go to Ghana Immigration Services because they might not all be back from their lunch break. So, I waited a half hour. Then, we went to Immigration. He spoke to the person in the reception area, asking if my passport was ready. She would inquire about it. Two hours later, we still had heard nothing. So, we were going to leave. But, Mr. A. decided to take a chance & go to the office to retrieve it in person. So, we went up to the office where Americans would be approved for a resident visa. An hour later, we left with no visa in hand. But, God's hand was in this...I kept thinking of a story Corrie Ten Boom often told:

"When I was a little girl, " I said, "I went to my father and said, "Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a martyr for Jesus Christ." "Tell me," said Father, "When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?" "No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train." "That is right," my father said, "and so it is with God's strength. Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ. He will supply all you need just in time"

I know I will have my passport just in time, not mine, but God's. Stay tuned...Monday I hope to post "The Rest of the Story."


No comments:

Post a Comment