Monday, March 7, 2011

A Holy Moment


Have you ever been in a worship service when all of a sudden, something happens within you and all you can do is to stop and pray? Well, it happened to me yesterday. It was communion Sunday. After we all came forward to receive the elements, the lay leader took the elements to two gentlemen sitting in the back of the congregation. I had no idea who they were. But, they have impacted my life. During the offering, these men came forward to bring their offerings to the Lord. The first man was blind. He was very gently and lovingly guided by a friend. They, together, gave themselves and their offering to God. The second gentleman walked up to the front very slowly, with a walking stick (cane.) I eventually saw that his feet were deformed. It was a sacrifice for this man to come forward on his own. He looked as if he were in pain. And, as I watched him make his way to give his offering, tears filled my eyes. He was giving much more than a few pesowas. He was giving himself, a living sacrifice to his Lord. As I sat down & prayed, I wondered, “When was the last time I gave my all to God?” Have I ever? Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment