Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Step at a Time

This past week I received word that I have a house in Lawra, Ghana! The money for the rent has been wired and all should be well. (The house in the picture is not my house.) I have not seen it, but I do know that it has two bedrooms and a living room. I also know that it is unfurnished. So, what I'll do is travel to the Upper West Region. I'll see my house. I'll sleep on the floor. I'll cook on a wood fire. I'll find out where to buy a bed and a stove and a refrigerator and a water filter. That will be February.

In March, I'll work on finding a desk, a kitchen table & chairs and a lamp or two. Maybe even a bedside table. I'll have to do furnish the house one step at a time, very possibly one item at a time.

I know with patience, perseverance & the Grace of God, this empty house will become my home. It will be a place where I can be myself, a sanctuary from all that is going on around me. It will also be a place to study language, to entertain guests, to study God's Word with others and to fellowship with one another. I pray God's blessing on my house and on all who enter it.

No comments:

Post a Comment