Saturday, July 10, 2010

Superstars

The past few weeks I have spent time with several "Superstars." No, you will not see their faces in the entertainment news. You won't see their faces in the sports news. But, they are "Superstars" in my eyes and in the eyes of many others.
They are the campers at Camp Spencer, a YMCA camp for special needs adults. Many of these people live day in and day out with challenges that I pray I will never have to face.
Yet, they go swimming, do crafts, go fishing, go on a nature walk...they have a carnival, a bonfire and a sleep out. With the help of staff, they do all kinds of things that people with fewer challenges can do easily. Even those with wheel chairs and walkers go down the slip and slide!...

I have learned so much from these "Superstars." They love life. They try and when they fail, they keep trying. They are happy. They are not embarrassed to ask for a helping hand...many of them depend on that helping hand for everything! They don't sit around saying, "Poor me..." They accept their lot in life and move on, doing what many others would think impossible.
I know I have been blessed by these SUPERSTARS. I pray God's blessings on them and their care givers.

No comments:

Post a Comment