Monday, April 5, 2010

When Did It Happen?

Lately I've been wondering, when did it happen? When did I become so obsessed with achieving a good grade that I've quit enjoying the class? When I first signed up for Perspectives, I wanted to audit it. But, you can't do that with an online class. So, I'm taking it for a certificate. At first, I was so overwhelmed with it. Then, I got to the point to where I really liked it. I still do. There is such good stuff in this class. It has changed my way of thinking forever.

But, now, as I do my homework, I am so focussed on getting the "right" answer, that I second guess myself & what I read. Does the question mean what is obvious, or is there an underlying focus, one that isn't so obvious. It's these kinds of things that I'm starting to do instead of just reading and letting the thoughts and information sink in.

What I need to get back to is enjoying the class for what it is and that's all. Accept it at face value. Ask God to use it to change the way I think about and act on the subject of world mission. And, as I complete the assignments, I pray that the Lord will show me how I can apply the information to my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment