Friday, May 29, 2009

The New Love of My Life

The boy pictured here is the new love of my life, Eric. When I met Eric in April, he was 10 months old. He had just recovered from maleria, but was not released from the hospital because his family couldn't pay the hospital bill of 45 Ghana cedis which is about $32.

I would visit him at the Ankaase Methodist Faith Healing Hospital and hold him, play with him and pray for him. Unlike most children his age, he readily came to me. Others would cry because of my light colored skin. When I gave him back to his mom, Beatrice, he would reach out to me again. So, we would play more. He even fell asleep in my arms!

Eric reminded me of the trust we need to have in our heavenly Father. We need to constantly reach out to Him, be comfortable in His arms and not waver. We should be able to trust Him to be our security and be able to quietly rest in Him.


Thank you, Eric. I will never forget you!