Sunday, January 25, 2009

See You Later


Yesterday I said "Good Bye" to a friend of mine, a neighbor and a brother in the Lord. He had many health problems and his body just couldn't fight any more. He fell asleep here, and woke up in Heaven. I will miss him. Already it doesn't seem right to go to his house to visit with his wife and not see him sitting in his chair.


The events of last week make me think of my own mortality. Yes, I am a Christian. I believe that when I die I will be in Heaven. I will see my Lord and Savior and I will see my neighbor again along with many others who have gone to their eternal reward. But, I have to admit it, I don't want to die yet. I am ready if the Lord calls me home, but I pray that He won't call my name for many, many years.


In the meantime, "Ro, I'll see you later."

1 comment:

  1. Sue, although we haven't met yet it was good to take a look at what God's doing in your heart and life. Keep sitting in the 'comfy chair.' Hopefully we'll meet sooner than later at TMS office.

    Steve Wilson

    ReplyDelete