Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Random Thoughts on Surgery

Last week I had surgery. Nothing major, but it was surgery none the less. As I waited to be taken to the OR, a few random thoughts crossed my mind:

~ There were no chickens running around.
~ Everything was very modern and very sterile.
~ I don't like not being able to take care of myself.
~ It's hard to ask for help.
~ I want my mommy!
~ I wish I had my favorite blanket with me.
~ God is still in control.

One surgery done, one to go. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to being the patient again. This time it will be for a knee replacement. The hospital stay will be longer. The recovery time will be longer. The two good things about it are: 1. My knee will quit hurting and I'll be able to walk a lot easier and 2. God is still in control.

1 comment:

  1. Deep thoughts! I like the "I want my mommy!" one. Glad all is well. Blessings to you my missionary friend.

    ReplyDelete