Thursday, June 5, 2008

Central Asia, Good Bye

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Norcross, GA at 3:47 AM wondering when I'll sleep normal hours again. I think of the people who shared my last few days in Central Asia with me. I have been blessed so much, especially those last few days. I was there to visit, encourage, test home schooled kids and to be an extra pair of hands. I believe that my life is richer from what I have experienced.

The love of God, expressed through His people, no matter what the cost may be to them, was so evident in the small things as well as the big things. A cup of tea shared, a fellowship gathering, times of study and prayer, times of just hanging out and just having fun.

I can't be more specific here, this venue is too public and Central Asia does not hold out open arms to Christians. But, I do want to say that saying "Good Bye" is hard to do. If it is God's will, I'll return and reconnect with old friends and meet new ones. And, some day, every knee will bow & every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

1 comment: