Friday, April 25, 2008

Musings

Today I am in a pensive mood. I guess it comes from comparing myself to others and not looking to Christ. It's looking at the bottom line instead of the Lord. Maybe I'm being attacked because I'm preparing for a trip to Central Asia. Whatever the reason is, I'm not sure I like it.

But, it's times like these that I draw near to Him. I talk with Him about my ministry. Is it really a needed ministry? Am I following Him? Should I be doing something else? Why do people say that they are so proud of me, the way I've taken this step, but yet, don't back up what they say with financial support? Am I just needlessly questioning? Is it that 5 letter "T" word again? (TRUST) I love what I do. I am getting more and more invitations to go to other countries and situations. I've been told that my ministry is well needed and apprciated by those with whom I've worked.

So, for now, I'll just set my sights on Him and draw closer to Him. And, as I draw closer to Christ, my worries will cease and I'll be confident in Him and His leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment