Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where Do I Go From Here?


Since I returned to PA from my trip to Ghana I have been wondering, "Where do I go from here?" Ankaase felt so much like home, sometimes even more than my apartment does. Yes, there were bugs, big ones, yes, there was a mouse swimming in my toilet (I have a picture to prove it) and cows in my front yard. But, after a month I still wonder, "How are things at the hospital? Is the floor put in at the library? How is Pastor Clement doing? How many kids were at reading club? Who preached on Sunday?" I look at the clock and wonder what is going on in Ankaase.

I marvel at the fact that God has placed this on my heart. This isn't what was supposed to happen. I was supposed to live in Khabarovsk, Russia for five years. But, God's plans for my life were a little different from mine. I came back from my visit to Khabarovsk disillusioned. I rarely spoke about the trip. God had a different place to use me in ministry. I've been doing that through the Global Resource Team in Russia, Peru, in the US and in other countries. The point is, God is working in my life. Leading me to places where I never dreamed of going.

Now, all I dream about is Ghana. I look at my clothes in the light of, "Will this be useful in 85 degree weather?" When I go grocery shopping I think, "I'll have to pack some of this - you can't buy this in Ghana." And even yesterday I bought something and then though, "I'll just save this for when I go to Ghana." Is that where He will be taking me for the next chapter of my life? I'm not sure yet. I ask that you will pray with me that I would hear the leadings of the Holy Spirit and then act on them no matter where they take me. After all, the adventure in Him!

1 comment:

  1. I will keep you in prayer. I struggle with "call" too but of a more stateside sense and also for the "next chapter of my life". I wonder if I will have the stamina, health and where the financial resources will come from. But if it is from God, doors open. With god all things are possible. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete