Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Blessing


These boys - Godwin, Blaise and Wisdom - they are amazing young men. They have a hunger and thirst for God''s Word that I wish I had. For years, they have been at the Kalsagri church whenever something was happening. They were always there for Sunday worship, for Bible study on Wednesdays and Prayer meeting on Fridays. They are now leaders of their church, leading the children's service and also preach once in awhile. They also lead Bible studies. It has been a joy to watch these boys mature into young men. They even come to church with sport coats and ties! I am proud to be called their "Makum" (Grandmother).

The Sunday of my Farewell Service, after everything was over and done with, these three young men took me aside. Each of them had a Scriptural blessing to pray over me. I was honored. I don't think it gets any better than this!

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the Gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:3-6

I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, that you may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe.
Ephesians 1:16-19a

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints - the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel that has come to you.All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all it's truth.
Colossians 1:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment