Sunday, April 5, 2015

Missing Easter...or Not!

 
Lord, today I am "missing Easter." I am missing all of the preparations that I would be doing in the US....boiling the eggs and coloring them, baking the almond puff pastry, jelly beans and chocolate cashew eggs and decorating as if spring has arrived. Oh, and the scent of hyacinths, my mom loved hyacinths. I am missing familiar Easter hymns. And I am missing being with my family and friends.
 
Yet, Lord, I know that isn't what Easter is all about. it isn't about polish sausage and a butter lamb and jelly beans and chocolate. It's about You. It's about Your triumph over death, crushing the head of the serpent. It's about victory so that we, including myself, can be with You in Your Kingdom for all eternity. 
 
So, what do I do? I will ride my bicycle into town. I will buy eggs. Maybe I will be able to buy some bread flour. I can buy some chocolate (even if it is far from a chocolate cashew egg!) When the internet is working, I can email my brothers. I can write my sister a letter. And, I can focus on You, worship You with my Ghanaian friends and family.
 
On the first day of the week...the stone had been taken away from the tomb..."Why do you seek the living among the dead?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment