Thursday, October 3, 2013

Today

 
Nostalgia has set in. I don't think it is all bad. But, I can't help but think about all those in my life who have left this world and have gone to "the other side," the side where they will see Jesus face to face. Why am I feeling this way? Well, just in the past few days, two people who I have known back in Pennsylvania have died. One, a few years younger than me; the other, a few years older than me. And, the anniversary of my mother's death is approaching. On top of that, next month, I will celebrate my 60th birthday. Mom died when she was 60.
 
So, today, I am remembering...mom, dad, Dee Dee, Ava, Albert, Bura-Ang, little Paul, Nancy, Rory, Sergei, Bob, Dave, Fran, and oh, so many others. I am grateful for the place they have held in my heart...and still do. And, I know that because of Jesus, after I go the distance, we will again be together...on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment